The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness (BSMHD) is the UK’s leading charity promoting positive mental attitudes of deaf people in the UK. Read on to find out what they do and how they can make a difference…
BSMHD work with all areas of mental health and those who use sign language in order to strive for a better future. The organisation also works with all ages and degrees of deafness.
BSMHD are involved in various aspects of the deaf community, within their organisation they carry out many different roles to suit these niche areas. This includes:
- Developing specialist mental health services to make them accessible for deaf people
- The Society also work alongside the UK Department of Health and the NHS to expand deaf mental health services nationwide
- BSMHD run training opportunities for mental health professionals
- Members of BSMHD hold regular meetings across the UK to discuss new developments within their field
- Regular eNewsletters are distributed which promote awareness of the charity and their ongoing studies
- BSMHD also hold annual conferences, again to reach out to those within the mental health field
- The charity house specialist events in promotion and celebration of mental health and deafness
- Not forgetting their website which enables BSMHD to present all information on the subject of mental health and deafness
Becoming a Member:
BSMHD hold regular free meetings for members and also for those interested in supporting the charity. These meetings are held every three months (all over the UK) to discuss the Society’s activities and future plans.
Why not sign up to their newsletter to be updated for the next meeting?Email here.
Donate to BSMHD here: https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/bsmhd
Want to discover more? www.bsmhd.org.uk