This week, it is all about peace. We have talked in the past about beating worry and I will touch on this again here. Finding inner peace in the modern world is a significant challenge and goes a lot deeper than just worrying.
If you really think about it, everything about modern society feels like an obstacle to experiencing peace of mind. From social media, advertising, . But there are ways to find and maintain inner peace. Inner peace is a choice, and many of your habits determine how much peace you experience in your daily life.
Experience inner peace and enjoy life on a deeper, more satisfying level:
- Focus your attention on those things you can control. Why worry about those things you can’t control? It sours your mood and makes you less capable.
- Literally ask yourself, “Is this something I can control? Will worrying be beneficial in any way?”
- Spend time in nature. The original humans didn’t live in a 3-bedroom house and eat microwave meals. Take a long walk in the park. You’ll feel dramatically different compared to sitting in a building 24 hours every day. There’s something peaceful about spending time among the birds and the trees.
- Be true to yourself. Few things are more disconcerting than living a life you weren’t meant to live. It continuously gnaws away at you. Live a life that’s congruent with your values.
- It’s too easy to allow society dictate your choices. You don’t have to spend your life on a career that’s impressive to others. You don’t have to chase after a fancy house. Make your own decisions about what’s most important to you.
- Do something nice for someone else. This is a great way to take your focus off of yourself. You become more aware that others are struggling, too. When you are kind, you receive kindness in return. You’ll also feel a sense of pride and satisfaction when you help someone else.
- Avoid trying to change others. You’ll have as much success trying to change the weather. It’s hard enough to change yourself. How will you ever manage to change someone else?
It’s important to take care of yourself mentally and physically. Eat properly, exercise, and be true to yourself. Be assertive and take control of your life. All the accomplishments in the world can’t replace inner peace. Avoid chasing after those things that society has determined to be important. Decide for yourself and live the life you were meant to live.
Any other big Queen fans out there…?